Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving. A time for family. A time for food. A time to stuff ourselves like no other day of the year. With turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, rice, corn, candied yams, cranberry sauce and pies coming out of our ears. No matter what the family tradition is, there is always something you can count on. This year for me is different. There is no family nearby. Its just me and the husband. A time for us to start our own traditions. A time to relax. A time to play video games? Well that's what my hsband is doing right now. For me its a time to be depressed. Its just not the same without family. I am used to BIG Thanksgiving dinners, even breakfast was big. I made my family's traditional breakfast - Pull-Apart-Cake. However, it turned out horrible. So, after a bad breakfast I went to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Well, it just wasn't that great this year. So needless to say I didn't watch it all the way and see Santa go by. Chris started playing video games and I took a nap on the couch. Still in pajamas, Chris prepares the turkey and I get on here. At sometime tonight I will make all the side dishes (rice, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, corn, green beans and gravy). Then we will eat. By ourselves. Who knows, maybe next year will be different. Hopefully by this time next year I will pregnant and I will be more excited about the holidays. This year is hard on me. No family, no money to start our own stuff. (We have to scrounge for money for a Christmas Tree!) So I don't know. Maybe I will adjust to being away from family and friends. Maybe by next year we will have met other people who we can invite over. So I can have the stress of getting the house done and the deserts done in time. I'm used to that rush. This year, no rush. Well, anyways. I'm going to go watch dh play video games.

Loads of Love,
Kc

No comments: