Thursday, September 29, 2011

Let me just say...

Shopping with two 19 month olds is ridiculous. Even with help. So tomorrow I look forward to grocery shopping kid free tomorrow. Which is good, considering it will be payday, on a military installation, at the largest commissary on island, oh, and did I mention the Case Lot Sale that is happening this weekend as well? I am making myself a list (and even checking it twice, I feel like Santa!), sorting and organizing coupons (I wish I was an extreme couponer, they have virtually NO bill!) and prepping myself mentally to deal with crazies. After just going shopping for a few things at the BX and then to the Commissary to get WIC (I did NOT want to try to do both my WIC and my regular shopping at the same time tomorrow), I came home, fed my children lunch (hot dogs, cheese sticks and Tomato & Basil Wheat Thins), I left the children with my husband to go get a couple of things that I needed from the BX that I waited on due to my children having a melt down. Feeling rather accomplished, I came home with new totes for my pre-PCS organizing. I open the front door, and there it is... a smell... no not just A smell.... THE smell... I was about to ascend the stairs when my husband appears at the landing to confirm my suspicions, our children, though they were supposed to be napping... had decided it would be MUCH more fun to get naked and decorate the ENTIRE room in poop. Oh yeah, that was SO exciting. This happens a few times a week. The only way we can keep them dressed is by putting them into either onsies or zip up sleepers. I guess we will have to do this for naptimes as well. I am getting tired of bathing poopy babies. And I think my hubby is tired of scrubbing walls and carpet cleaning.

As I sit here at the table and watch my children pull ALL of their toys out of the toy box and ponder these WONDERFUL moments of parenthood, I must say, I am the luckiest mommy ever! Despite the unpleasantness that comes with toddlers, there are many more fun moments, and exciting moments. Like when they giggle and talk in their baby language, and laugh hysterically at nothing (or is it me?), and the moments when they learn a new word and are so excited about using it, especially when mommy gets crazy with proudness. I wouldn't trade these girls for anything. Not one thing. I am looking forward to more birthdays and more milestones. I am even looking forward to this move back to the USA with the girls (and my furkid!). Here's to hoping (and praying even more) that our next station is wonderful and filled with great new memories, and to less messy ones....

No comments: