As I sit here and eat my Whoppers, I can't help but to think and ponder on something that happened at work yesterday. A very nice lady came in last night to cash a check. No problem. This will only take a minute I thought to myself. So I get her ID and Club card and check the "Bad Check List". She's good to go. So as I am checking her check to be sure all the information is there that I need, she asks me, "you working on Sunday?" I replied, "Yeah, I am working all weekend, but its ok, because I have Monday off." This is Saturday night mind you... since we are a day ahead of America. Lol. She seemed a bit saddened by this. But I looked up from what I was doing and gave her a smile. I went back to what I was doing, counted out her money a couple of times, reached up to the counter counted out the money to her and told her to have a wonderful night. She said thank you, and as she was putting her wallett away in her purse asked, "if I gave you something to read, would you read it when you have time?" I said sure, and she handed me two little folded pamphlets. She walked away and I looked down. It was a pamphlet on Salvation and a pamphlet on their church, Marantha Baptist Church. So I flipped through the one about the church. The pastor's name is Pastor Steve Nutt. Not even kidding. So I set it down with my other stuff on the desk and think about how this must be a sign from God. Chris and I hadn't been to church out here yet. When we first got here we didn't have a car to get to church. Then when we had a vehicle, we didn't want to go until we were settled in our new house, now that we are settled, we started looking. The church on base I thought I wanted to go to, I don't really want to go to. They hold Wiccan services at the church. Something about that gives me the creeps. And I just haven't taken the time to look for the churches off base. I'm not saying this particular church is the one for us, but it sure made me think about how this must be a sign from God that we need to get our butts back in church. Maybe by us not being in church, even though I pray that we get pregnant every month that we try, maybe just maybe, by us not being there is the reasoning behind why we can't get pregnant. Only God Himself knows that. Now you are probably thinking, Did she go to church this morning? And sadly no I didn't. I slept in. I should have gotten up. But I have been working nights all weekend, tonight as well. But I will go this coming up Sunday. I will. I will research and find a church that I want to try, and we will go. But one thing about this whole situation, one thing that keeps going through my head. Why am I not an outgoing Christian like her? Would I have pulled out a pamphlet for some random cashier? I think that not only is this a sign from God, but that I could learn something from this lady. I need to be more open with my Christianity. I think so many of us clam up for fear of arguments and having a different opinion. And I will tell you one thing, we have a challenge here. We have some good friends here that are like family, but the husband, he is or er.... "was" as he says, Wiccan. He says he hates Christmas because he doesn't believe or agree with what "people say it is about". So, we have come across our differences and most times, I just keep my mouth shut and nod, maybe we were sent to be friends with them because we are supposed to show them what it is like to be Christian. I guess we will see in the coming years.
And as my kittens, Piper and Toby wrestle and my other kitten Holly sleeps, as the bag of Whoppers dwindle down to nothingness, and as the clock on my laptop says 1:27pm... I must go. A shower is needed, for I must be at work by 2:30pm. Hopefully I will write again tomorrow. I have that day off. :)
<3>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
God is talking to your heart. It was the Holy Spirit who led that woman to give you the tracts. Find a church, a Bible teaching church is good. Go there and listen to His Word with you heart and your ears open to him. I will pray for you.
yes. that was a sign from God. now, get your butt to church! i love you tons!!! and miss you tons. the babies will come in God's perfect timing. you are strong and He isn't going to give you anything you can't handle. so depend on Him and He will see you through. love you!!
Post a Comment