Alright, so my husband is helping a friend out by switching engines. I am very happy that Chris is getting to do something that he enjoys, unfortunately that means that the only weekend we have left together is spent apart. I think I am going to go to the beach with Sara and Kathleen. But I may just stay home and clean. There is nothing good on T.V. and the kittens are fast asleep. I am hungry, but am unsure as to what I want to eat. Maybe something will come to mind by the time I am finished with this entry.
Chris and I adopted a beautiful Siamese Mix kitten in August. She was only 4 weeks old when we brought her home. We named her Holly. She is a wonderful kitten. But then I got a job, and she got sooo depressed. So we adopted a second kitten, her name is Piper. She is grey and very cute. We also have Piper's brother staying with us temporarily and his name is Toby (Kathleen and JT totally named him and it suits him). Right now, Toby, Piper and Holly are all curled up together sleeping in the chair that is next to me. I am sitting on the floor with the laptop on the coffee table. Sometimes I think that the couch and chairs are a little too soft for my taste.
Moving to Japan has been fun but also hard. Chris works long hours as a Crew Chief and I just got a job that will require me to work nights and weekends. So if I thought I never saw him before, I definately won't see him now. Unfortunately you do what you have to in order to make ends meet. We want my paychecks to go towards getting us out of debt and towards saving for plane tickets and a wedding for us. But I miss my best friend Alissa from Cali and her little girl, my "niece" Abbey. I miss Mel and Anna so much. Its been hard to be so far away from them, starting with moving to Cali and now Japan. Its been about 2 years since I was close enough in distance to just "stop by" because I was "in the neighborhood". I saw them over Christmas, but I feel as though it wasn't enough time. This Christmas will be hard, just as our first Christmas was. It was fun to decorate together and start our own traditions, but it was still hard when it was just the two of us, and I was so used to much comotion on Christmas Morning. Even on Christmas Eve with the extended family, going caroling and spending time together, having Grandpa read the Christmas Story, and yes, even the gifts part. My favorite was to figure out what Country we were celebrating Christmas as. It was cool because there were different foods and the flag. It was just something special that our family did. Now a lot of us are all grown and moved on. I am not there, Mike Jr. isn't really there, even Michelle and Melissa are getting older. The Sawyer's in Arizona can't always make it. Same as the Sawyer's in North Carolina. *Sigh* But, maybe someday, we will all get to make it for Christmas Eve once again.
Truly though, I miss Mel and Anna, our AMP Family. It sucks not being close to them in distance. Sometimes, I even catch myself getting jealous when they hang out with other people. And its only because I am wishing deep down inside that its me they are spending time with. As much as I am not a fan of the State, Virginia, I sometimes wish inside that we get stationed at Langley, just so that we are close again.
I think I am going to stay home today, maybe make some Mac N Cheese. Dye my hair. Maybe I will go get a haircut.
<3
Kris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment