Thursday, November 27, 2008

THANKSGIVING!

A time for giving thanks. I really am thankful for the things in my life. Today was a wonderful Thanksgiving. Though I am away from home and family, the friends I have made here are like family to me. It was such a great day. First I want to list 100 things I am thankful for:
1.
My wonderful husband, who loves me more than I could ever imagine.
2. My favorite Aunts, Mel and Anna.
3. Wonderful friends in Cali, Kristie and Alissa.
4. Wonderful friends in Okinawa, Kathleen (aka KK), Sara and Cori.
5. Mama Willett.
6. My cute doggie, Lucy.
7. My kitties, Holly and Toby.
8. A roof over my head.
9. Money to pay bills and to feed me and my hubby.
10. A free country where I can believe in and worship my God.
11. Taco Bell.
12. Babies, even if they aren't mine.
13. My family.
14. Pepsi.
15. Inside plumbing.
16. Actual toilets (no squatting for me, please!).
17. LOST
18. The Twilight Saga.
19. Multi-colored Christmas Lights.
20. Pac-Man
21. The smell of Christmas.
22. Beaches.
23. Living in Okinawa.
24. Bathtubs.
25. Pepperoni Pizza.
26. Disney Movies.
27. Comfy Pillows.
28. Prayer.
29. Music.
30. Time with Friends.
31. My job.
32. Dunkin Donuts!
33. Sorry! (The board game.)
34. Mac N Cheese.
35. Stuffed animals.
36. Remote Controls.
37. Plumb.
38. Michael W. Smith.
39. My dog back home, Cinnamon.
40. Chris' dog back home, Rascal.
41. My parents being open to taking in our dog, Rascal.
42. Myspace.
43. Email.
44. Internet.
45. Mario.
46. Blogger!
47. Abbey, my "niece"
48. Spencer, my nephew.
49. McDonald's Sweet Tea (oh how I miss that).
50. Frosty's (miss those too!)
51. Laptop's.
52. Microwaves.
53. Potholders.
54. Baking with friends.
55. Chocolate Pie.
56. Okinawan Bananas! YUM!
57. Being married to a mechanic.
58. Snow Globes.
59. Carousel Horses.
60. 100% Cran-Grape Juice.
61. Chairs.
62. Couches.
63. AIM.
64. MSN Messenger.
65. Cell phones.
66. Vonage.
67. Children's finger paintings.
68. DVD Players.
69. Nintendo.
70. PlayStation.
71. Digital Camera's.
72. Scrapbooking.
73. Drive-Thru's.
74. Movie Theaters.
75. Movies.
76. Christmas.
77. New Years (literally, new years, not the holiday, New Year's).
78. Snuggly pets.
79. Being independent.
80. Dumpster Diving.
81. Bowling.
82. Roller Skates.
83. Pictures.
84. Even numbers.
85. Sixlets!
86. Vehicles.
87. Candles.
88. Flip Flops.
89. Vans Shoes.
90. Hot Topic.
91. Fashion Bug.
92. Cute underwear.
93. Bras that fit.
94. My eyes, though not perfect, still work with the aid of contacts.
95. Good hearing.
96. My real jewelry that my hubby gave me.
97. Cleopatra the Third (best car EVER!).
98. Tears. (The good and the bad)
99. Leashes.
100. Doggie Bags.

So, there is a list of 100 things that I am thankful for. I am also thankful for KK letting us use her house for Thanksgiving since I had to work today. I am so happy that my workday went by quickly. I came home and changed my clothes, made stuffing, grabbed dishes and went to KK's. Everyone pitched in with the food. There was so much of it, it was all sooo good. The turkey was awesome, the ham was awesome, all the sides were good (especially KK's last minute potatoes that turned out to be the best thing I have ever tasted!). We all sat together at the table to eat. We said grace, ate our food, then Sara, KK and I cleaned the kitchen and all the dishes. Afterwards we ate pie (I made five, took four over, there were two chocolate pies, one banana cream pie, one pumpkin pie and one apple pie). The pies turned out great (thank goodness). After dessert we played Clue and Sorry!. The Naler's showed up later and we sat around and talked. Around midnight we came home. Now I am typing this, then I am going to bed. I want to get up at a decent hour in the morning. I want to clean my house so I can decorate for Christmas tomorrow before I go to work tomorrow night.

Much love, and a happy thanksgiving to everyone in the states. :)
Kris

1 comment:

Anna Willett said...

i am thankful for you too!!!!
miss you!!!